Most corporations today claim to be purpose-led, putting people and planet first. But the efforts of millions who join them are undermined by outdated financial incentives that reward CEOs to deliver short term gains at all costs.
Reward Value works with investors, universities, and the business sector to modernise executive remuneration as a catalyst for positive change.
Do you think it is important to contribute to social, financial and environmental challenges?
Do you believe in the power of companies as a force for good?
Would you like to build the scientific foundation for a long-term sustainable future?
In joining our team, you can become part of this exciting and highly relevant initiative.
Reward Value is non-profit organisation – www.rewardvalue.org
Who are you?
You are a Masters-level student, equipped with analytical skills and an ability to connect the dots. You are driven by a love for corporate governance research and an interest in research-based modernisation of CEO pay. On a personal level, you are ambitious, resilient and possess good interpersonal skills.
In particular, you are:
- Currently undertaking a Master’s degree in Law, Governance or a related field;
- Particularly interested in the reform of corporate governance on a global scale;
- Able to analyse and interpret legislation and other legal instruments;
- Skilled in written communication, particularly for research purposes;
- Able to communicate in English, preferably at a high level.
- Able to understand and communicate in another European language, as a plus.
Tasks and responsibilities
As part of the internship you will be required to:
- Cooperate in a research project on corporate governance;
- Analyse trends in corporate governance, throughout history as well as in current developments;
- Review academic papers on corporate governance;
- Support other research projects of the team.
The fine print
This internship is available immediately. The intern will work between 20-40 hours per week in a close-knit virtual team composed of various research heads, interns and other employees.
The research manager will supervise the duties of the intern as described above. However, the intern will also be encouraged to become involved in other aspects of the organisation in order to play an active role in our growing initiative of driving long-term change in the value creation of enterprises.
This internship may be undertaken in the scope of a required internship during a Master’s degree, and the results of any research initiative of the internship may be utilised in the development of the intern’s (Masters) thesis.
Remuneration is in line with the market. Necessary travel for work purposes will be reimbursed.